Let me help you nail skype interview.
- DO NOT forget to dress professionally/ work casual it makes a good impression.
- Make sure the audio and camera are set and ready to go to avoid any interruptions during the interview.
- Set the camera angle to make sure you are not looking down at it, or it is not under you.
- Make sure the lighting in your room is just perfect, not too light, not too dark.
- Make sure the background is nice and clean, set up your laptop or computer in front of a plain wall if possible.
- Have a copy of any paperwork you might think you need, a resume or anything else relevant.
- Having cheat sheets or extra notes to look off of is very helpful, so make sure you have some of those.
- Make sure you turn off your phone or anything else that can ring and cause a distraction.
- Make sure all pets, kids, and other people are all out of the room to make sure it is quiet and to have no distractions.
- Always have paper and something to write with in case something important is said, or you want to take some notes.
- Close all tabs on your computer or laptop; this would help from stopping your device from slowing down or glitching.
- Remember, body position is an essential key in a good first impression and shows how much you seem to care about the job.
- Don’t talk into the screen but direct your voice into the camera.
- Don’t get too nervous that can lead to error.
- Practice makes perfect!! Practice what you are going to say until you feel confident.