- Be sure to complete your entire profile. Completed profiles are usually favored compared to ones that are not.
- Having a profile picture is critical. Profiles with photos get more views. Smile, it makes you more approachable.
- Be sure all your dates on your profile are accurate. Dates that are not accurate do not look good.
- It’s ok if you did not attend university, just put the name of the school you last attended.
- Keep your current status up to date. You don’t want things that are not accurate on your profile.
- Have at least 50 connections, but make sure they are people you know. You can get restricted on LinkedIn for too many rejected requests.
- Highlight your accomplishments on your profile. Highlight what you are capable of doing.
- Make sure everything you post matches what your resume says. If something does not line up, recruiters will notice.
- Have at least five skills listed on your profile; this increases your chances of a recruiter viewing your profile.